On 28 March 2020, the government announced that they would temporarily suspend the wrongful trading provisions for three months, with the changes applying retrospectively from 1 March 2020.
We advise a wide range of businesses, large and small. Our clients include individual entrepreneurs, SMEs and multinational corporates.
Our Corporate and Business team possess both the technical expertise and commercial experience to provide expert legal support to your business.
Much of our work is on transactional projects, including business and company sales and acquisition, joint ventures and outsourcing arrangements.
In addition we provide a broad range of commercial advice, creating, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of business contracts for our clients. Areas covered include franchising, distribution and agency at national and international level, information technology and intellectual property.
We are well used to dealing with other professionals on complex projects, including accountants and tax advisors, working with them to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
Joint Venture Agreements
- Acting for a national housebuilder entering into a major residential development joint venture with a housing association.
- This was a complex £100M transaction involving a large site in multiple ownership.
- The development project had been nearly 20 years in the making, with infrastructure works and some housing already under construction.
- We handled the preparation and negotiation of the LLP Members Agreement, Asset Transfer Agreement and numerous other documents, working with several other firms, under tight timescales, driven by both commercial and financial considerations, including our client’s stock market reporting requirements.
- Advising on the management buy-out of a family owned logistics company.
- We acted for the outgoing owners who had grown the company from a relatively small removals business in the 1960s into a nationally recognised freight and logistics operation, which they were now handing over to the next generation. The buy-out involved a complex corporate restructuring, requiring a high degree of technical expertise while ensuring that the parties were provided with clear, practical advice throughout
- Handling acquisition of telecoms company.
- A longstanding client had identified a Midlands-based telecoms company as an acquisition target. We were closely involved from the outset, undertaking investigatory legal due diligence and negotiating, documenting and concluding the successful acquisition for our client.
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Information Technology
- Brand Protection
- Trading Terms and Warranties
- Data Protection and Confidentiality
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder/Partnership Agreements
- Consumer Protection