In these uncertain times, courts are managing proceedings in a variety of different ways from telephone hearings for applications to trials by video conferencing.
We recently conducted a remote trial in the Reading County Court by which all parties, legal representatives and witnesses attended by video conference.
We can help you resolve commercial and private disputes quickly and cost effectively.
Our highly experienced Dispute Resolution team has successfully helped hundreds of businesses and individuals with a full range of disputes.
We predominantly handle High Court proceedings. We have a 100% win record at the Court of Appeal and have successfully represented clients in a wide variety of disputes including many large, high profile and unusual cases.
We actively encourage proactive methods of dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration.
LA Micro Group (UK) Ltd & Anr v LA Micro Group, Inc & Ors  EWHC 140 (Ch)
We successfully acted for the Claimants in securing declaratory relief recording the ownership of the disputed shareholding and entitlement to the company’s profit in a computer wholesale business which has been the subject of litigation in the UK and California for a decade.
BDW Trading Limited v JM Rowe (Investments) Limited  EWCA Civ 548
Successfully acting for Barratt Homes at trial and on appeal in respect of a conditional contract for development.
Representing Claimant land owner in an action for negligence against their former Solicitors. Settled confidentially at mediation.
Frenkel v Lyampert and Others  EWHC 2223 (Ch)
A multi-national shareholding dispute for a seven-figure sum securing an indemnity costs order on most issues.
Frenkel v Lyampert & LA Micro Group (UK) Ltd  EWHC 3121 (Ch)
We successfully acted for the second Respondent in discharging an ex-parte injunction by reason of material non-disclosure.
Phytolux Limited v Plessey Limited 
Acting for Claimant who was awarded declaratory relief and damages concerning scope and alleged breach of 10-year licence relating to horticultural lighting.
E v S & Ors 
We acted for a gym chain in a dispute with a franchisee who set up his own rival business from the franchise premises. Successful application for interim injunctive relief, upheld at trial.
M v D 
Acting for selling shareholders in a six-figure warranty claim which settled at mediation.
Trustee in Bankruptcy v A (2018)
Acting for a Respondent in an application by a Trustee to set aside transactions at undervalue/to defraud creditors. Successfully settled with a six figure payment to our client.
- Building Disputes
- Commercial and Contract Disputes
- Corporate Insolvency, Liquidation, Administration and Winding-Up Petitions
- Dilapidations Claims in Commercial Leases
- Employment Tribunal Claims
- Franchise and Licence Disputes
- Advising Insolvency Practitioners on Pre-Pack Administrations
- Land Development Disputes
- Advice to Landlords on Defaulting/Insolvent tenants
- Intellectual Property (IP) Disputes
- Misrepresentation Claims
- Personal Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Possession Claims
- Professional Negligence Claims against Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors and Architects
- Property and Real Estate litigation
- Sale and Supply of Goods and Services
- Shareholder Disputes
- Transactions at Undervalue/Antecedent Transactions
- Warranty Claims
- Wrongful and Fraudulent Trading Issues