A Settlement Agreement is a legally binding contract between an employee and an employer under which the employee agrees to waive their right to make employment related claims against their employer.
We advise employers and employees on a full range of employment and workplace issues.
We recognise that dealing with employment issues can be daunting and potentially confrontational. An incorrect approach can have serious consequences. We are experienced in advising both employers and employees on a full range of employment matters, providing practical solutions to difficult problems.
We help businesses to fulfil their obligations as employers, acting either on specific issues or as an ongoing resource available for wide-ranging employment advice when required.
We have successfully assisted both employers and employees in relation to workplace disputes, both in the Employment Tribunal and ordinary Courts, including unfair and wrongful dismissal, discrimination claims and the enforcement of post-termination restrictions by injunction.
Acting for Employers
- Preparation of Employment Contracts, Policies and Procedures.
- Advice on and documentation for Employee Share Options, Bonus Schemes and Profit-Sharing Schemes.
- Advice on and Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants and Confidentiality Obligations.
- Advice on Redundancy Programmes, including Consultation Obligations and the preparation and management of Settlement Agreements.
- Advice on Employment Issues in Business Acquisitions and Reorganisations.
- Advice on the instigation and management of Performance Management Programmes and Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures.
- General and specific advice on Discrimination, Equal Pay, Family Friendly Rights, Grievances, Performance Management, Redundancies, Relocation, Whistleblowing and Working Time.
- Representation in Tribunals and Court in Employment Disputes and Litigation.
Acting for Employees
- Advice on Contracts, Share Options, Bonus Schemes and Profit-Sharing Schemes.
- Advice on Settlement Agreements on Termination.
- Assisting with Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- Advice on Discrimination, Equal Pay, Family Friendly Rights, Grievances, Performance Management, Redundancies, Relocation, Whistleblowing and Working Time.
- Representation during Employment Disputes and Litigation including Discrimination, Harassment, Redundancy, Unfair or Wrongful Dismissal, Unpaid Wages and Enforcement of Restrictive Covenants.