Jane deals with a wide range of company and commercial matters including buying and selling businesses, drafting commercial contracts including distribution and agency and advising shareholders of private companies.
Jane heads the Franchise Team and has in excess of 30 years’ experience of advising franchisors in the development of their franchise networks, including drafting franchise agreements and master licence agreements, acting in the sale and purchase of franchise businesses and intellectual property matters.
Jane has served as a non executive director of the British Franchise Association (bfa) and the firm has been a member of the bfa since its foundation in 1977. regularly speaks on franchising at seminars and conferences and writes articles on various aspects of franchising.
Recent client work:
- Acting on sale of Franchise network for shareholders of Franchisor
- Acting on sale and acquisition of franchise businesses in a wide range of sectors, including residential lettings, fire and flood restoration, commercial cleaning
- Developing successful resales process for Franchisors to ensure that their network matures and franchisees wish to buy and sell established franchise businesses the Franchisor exercises appropriate control
- Acting for prospective franchisees acquiring ‘bundle’ of franchise units from franchisor and in relation to regional development agreements
- Drafting franchise agreements for variety of business systems including domiciliary care, children's’ sports and entertainment activities, accountancy services, fast food outlets and fitness clubs
- Advising master franchisee on acquisition of master licence rights in the UK
- Advising master franchisor on renewal of master franchise rights in the UK and negotiating renewal terms