With the impact of COVID-19, there will inevitably be a rise in businesses or individuals engaged in insolvency procedures. We set out below some of the most commonly used insolvency terms.
Lynsey is an Associate Director who has worked in Owen White’s successful Dispute Resolution Department since 2005. Lynsey is recognised in the Legal 500 2020 Guide for Franchising.
Lynsey is an experienced commercial litigator successfully representing clients over a broad range of commercial disputes. Lynsey specialises in handling franchise disputes and acts for many of the well-known names in the franchising industry.
Lynsey has particular expertise in insolvency-related litigation and has an excellent record for advising clients on practical solutions and securing them results in corporate and personal insolvency matters. Lynsey frequently works alongside insolvency practitioners.
Lynsey also has significant experience in landlord and tenant litigation and advising a wide range of landlords and landowners including Registered Providers, Local Authorities and commercial developers.
Lynsey is an experienced County Court advocate and a regular speaker at conferences and client training seminars.
One private client described Lynsey as determined and working relentlessly on their case and stated that they were “Always kept informed and fees kept under control her perseverance, negotiations, patience…paid off, with the debt and all my legal fees recovered in full”. I am and will always be so very grateful for her hard work, determination and helpfulness during my case”.
Recent Client Work
- A & Others -v- Major High Street retailer  High Court trial in a fraudulent misrepresentation claim. Settled confidentially after trial.
- Acting for a large UK and EU gym chain on various disputes with franchisees including claims for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
- Acting for for a multi-unit franchisee in High Court proceedings issued against a major retailer for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
- Trustee in Bankruptcy v A (2018). Acting for a Respondent in an application by a Trustee to set aside transactions at undervalue/to defraud creditors. Successfully settled with a six figure payment to our client.
- Represented a Claimant franchisor of health clubs in High Court proceedings for breach of contract, specific performance and final declaratory (injunctive) relief.