Mike is a Director and leads the Property Real Estate Team. He specialises in residential development with over 15 years’ experience of the industry.
Mike acts for national housebuilders, registered providers of affordable housing and niche developers, and advises on all aspects of site acquisitions together with Section 106 Agreements, urban regeneration schemes and joint venture projects.
Mike also acts for other land owners in selling land to developers.
His clients include, London Square Developments, Octagon Developments, Barratt Homes and Inland Homes.
Clients value Mike’s ability to see the big picture and provide practical, commercial advice.
Recent Client Work
- Advising a top 5 housebuilder in connection with the acquisition of over 500 acres of land for the planned creation of a new town with over 3000 new homes and associated infrastructure.
- Acting on the acquisition of the former Star & Garter home in Richmond for c£50m.
- Acting for Inland Homes in connection with its acquisition of numerous separate parcels of land, including the former Tesco HQ, to comprise a large mixed use redevelopment at Cheshunt Lakeside including over 1,800 residential units, 18,000 square metres of commercial space and a new school.
- Acting for a national housebuilder on a joint venture for the acquisition of a large area of land from eight landowners, including negotiation of the Section 106 Agreement and a subsequent promotion agreement.
- Acting on the acquisition by London Square of a former school site in Surrey for c£25m including dealing with Section 106 Agreements and the sale of the affordable housing.
- Acting on the acquisition, by way of a long lease, of a mixed use development site in North London for £11m and the subsequent sale of commercial leases, including dealing with Section 5 notices.