Nicola is an Associate Director in the Property Disputes team with over 19 years’ experience in litigation.
Nicola regularly advises developers, private landlords, letting agencies, Registered Providers of Social Housing, Local Authorities and tenants. She specialises in property litigation and has significant experience in dealing with a variety of property related disputes in the County and High Courts. These include both commercial and residential landlord and tenant claims (such as lease renewals, possession, forfeiture, breach of covenants, payment arrears and dilapidations), disputes on development, land and construction contracts, restrictive covenants and easements.
Nicola’s primary focus is on solving problems. If you are an owner or have an interest in land then unfortunately it is common to encounter problems with a tenant, landlord or a neighbouring owner. Nicola’s role is to help resolve that dispute in a practical and cost effective manner.
Nicola is an experienced advocate. She also speaks at legal conferences and delivers seminars and training for clients. In addition, Nicola regularly writes articles on new case law and legislation.
One client described Nicola as “extremely courteous, professional, diligent and friendly in all my dealings with her and have no hesitation in recommending her”.
Recent Client Work
- Successfully securing vacant possession of numerous commercial premises for a regional house builder for a residential development in Wembley.
- Acting for a landlord in forfeiting a lease by service of proceedings and securing a possession order in the County Court.
- Representing a national house builder in a contract dispute in the High Court.
- A & Others –v- Major High Street retailer  High Court trial in a fraudulent misrepresentation claim. Settled confidentially after a 10-day trial.
- Advising numerous franchisees of a well-known name in the franchising industry in a group action on debt claims and claims for damages following the administration of the franchisor.